Blazing Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jobbing with other crews

Go down

jobbing with other crews Empty jobbing with other crews

Post  halowins Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:54 pm

okay this sections was created for those in the crew that have been asking me about questions jobbing on some of the types of sailing that our crew is burrently to small to do, and will also give ye some tips on how to get invited to future jobs of all sorts.

How and Where do ye find jobs:
YE tab, click notice board, click voyages, at this time a screen will appear with any current posted job offers and what type of job is being offered.

The jobs will be divided into catagoriies such as Foraging, Pillying, Sea Monster Hunts (smh), blockades, floatillas.
This screen will also tell ye the basic Job information usually it tells ye stuff like what flag, what crew ye will be sailing with, Whom the officer in charge or BNaver will be. The rest of info shown will varry depending on the type of job ye are looking at and i will try to explain while i explain the differnt types of jobs.

When and Why should i start jobbing:
As an officer who has been on everytype of voyage i would recomend that ye at least know how to preform the basic stations of carp, bilge, sail/rigging before ye start applying to job in pillys. If ye accept a job and can only work one station this could lead to you getting planked and not hired by those officers in the near future. For the sinking type jobbs I would recomend that ye not apply until have one at least two stations that ye can get expert to good routinely in duty reports.
Once ye start jobbing with crews ye may get invites to join a crew, accept or regect as ye see fit, I would recomend that ye job with multiple officers in the crew and are ye sure ye friends in the crew before ye accept so that sailing with your crew is fun for you. Also take note of what types of adventures crews participate in and what type ye enjoy. How often do these crews pilly, smh, blockade, ect.

Types of posted jobs and what to expect with each( teh basics)
pillying:
The notice board will tell you what flag, what crew, whom the Officer/Bnaver are (almost always the same pirate), what percentage jobbers get. Some crew have it set so crew members get more of the booty and some so that jobbers get more and some set it for even. ye may see a percentage such as 75% or 80% and wonder where does the rest of the booty go? It goes into the ships coffers so that the officer in charge can restock the ship as needed at inhabitted islands. Remember how much ye make depends on battle engaged and won. Note Some officers will plus one jobbers ye may want to take note of those officers so ye can job with often- More POE for you.

Sea Monster Hunts: Bravery badged needed to apply.
Tips to getting the job:
1. Do not start to apply until ye have puzzling stats in multiple puzzles-
2. Apply when ye see officers listed that ye have pillyed with and are familar with as they may remember ye and ye are more likely to get hired.
3. Note to yourself about hiring on SMH's: This is a sinking journey so officers want pirates who are likely to well at puzzles and give them the best chance of not sinking however these are also usually done on large vessles and require a large crew before ye can sail or enter the hunt. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TIME... as these vassles can take upto 30 to fill at times, it may take significant time to fill the vessle and depending on how the crew and naver do the journey may take sigificant time. I have seen it take as long as 45 mins to fill a vessle and the smh last as long as an hour and half. Then i have been on some that fill in 15 mins and are over in thirty mins. ( usually ended in sinking if that short of a journey...lol)
4. If ye have Hearties on board ye can also have them ask the officer hiring to hire you, this may or may not help.
5. If ye are not hired here are some possible reasons why (and dont feel bad it happens to everyone):
A. The Officer may be trying to fill a specfic spot with very very high ranked pirtes at a specific puzzle- It is very important to have multiple really good gunners on board these vessles such as grandmaster or above... so if these are the only spots remaining to fill the officer may not hire ye based on your current skill level at that puzzle ( usu only done with gunners).
B. Experience- Ye may want to display a few trophies that show off how good ye are such as excellents, incredibles in puzzles relating to sailing not parlor games. If ye have any atlantean trophies or blockade trophies it maybe helpful. In my expierence most officer are not tkaing the time to look at this when ye apply the will at over and over again as ye are active and applying for jobs or working for and with them, ye wont even know we are looking but we do..lol.
C. Attitude- if ye are a whinner and complainer when hired ye are likely to get planked or never hired again. Those that the make the journay are likely to be invited or hired back again and again.
d. Work ethics- If we see that you are active and on line alot we are more likely to recognize and hire ye, if we see that coem on board and get multiple excell or incred duty ratings we ae more likely to hire ye again. Where as if ye tend to stand around and not station or refuse to follow orders ye are less likely to be hired again.

Now that ye have been hired what to expect:
Many times on a vessels this size the crew may have elected to apoint an XO and a designatted BNAVer ye should be listening to both as if they were your captain.
These are token journeys so as your skills level reach a certain proficiency ye will get parts of movement tiles in your puzzle and the more of these ye utilize while puzlling the more movemnet tiles the ship will generate for the bnaver to utilize. This is important to the whole shi[ and be what saves a ship from sinking as it is your chance to get away.
What will my screen look like, ye will have the same puzzles as always just with the movement tokens in some pieces. The small screen for all non navers where it will show a pice of what is happening around the vessle ye may see ghost ships, sea monster, graveyards, citadels, depending on the type of journey.
chat tab: Alows you to see what everyone including the officers in charge are saying and should be checked to see ye are not missing important messages such as whom should defend, who should haul and when.
vessle tab: Shows ye what movemnt tiles are available for use and what tiles are close to being constructed by the crew, cannons loaded and ready for firing... this is very like the screen seen in voyages tab whiel pillying
Ahoy tab: This tab will show ye when you can Haul Treasure, and has a box for you to click to defend the vessle. I would recomend that gunners and naver not defend everyone else should volunteer to defend, this allows you fight any creatures that board the vessle as a team and help keep them from sinking the ship and the booty.
What happens if we sink- well evertime ye sink ye will get a fish so you can use it as a buldeon in rumbles if ye like. Randomly pirates can get injured such as a starfish, eye patch or pegleg. the screen will go black as ye sink and a second later ye will appear on the next closet island ( in theory ye swam there but ye dont see your pirate swimming the ocean). That ship is sunk and is gone forever, any booty on board and not divided goes down with the ship, anything ye were awarded as an initial cut ye will keep.
Tips: It is common for some creature to board the vesssle durring these voyages and remember if ye except a one on one offer from this enemy and they will offer, it takes you form duty station and leaves the crew short pirates while ye are battling and in many caese ye are likely to lose anyway-not fair fights. MOST OF THE BETTER OFFICERS WILL TELL YOU NOT DO TO DO THIS IT PUTS THE REST OF THE CREW AS RISK AS YOU ARE NOT STATIONED.
Chose your station early and stay on station do not hop around, choose a station ye are good at and can play for a respectabel amount of time without getting puzzlers fatigue.
Do not apply or sign up if ye think ye will not be around for the durration of the event, try not to leave in the middle of the voyage although if ye must say goodbye and let the XO naver know ye are leaving so they know how many are onboard and when they need to exit and rejob.

Blockades:
What will the notice board tell me:
Some of these pay amount amonut per round of the blockade, also ye will get paid by how many bouys your ship influences and helps protects.
puzzling screens:
This is also a token voyage so ye will see the tokens to generate movemnet tiles.

halowins

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum